For Christmas this year we drove down to California...yes, our home state. Although we do consider ourselves Oregonians now, we have lived our whole adult life here (13 .years!)
Anyway, we spent the Holiday with the in-laws, who truly are the best in-laws ever:)
It's a pretty long drive so we definitely heard a lot of, "Are we there yet?"
Toward the end of the trip I told the kids they were not allowed to say it again unless they could make it sound like beautiful music. I was just hoping to make them think for a few minutes but they decided to take me literally and began making up tunes with the words, "Are we there yet?"
Soon it turned into seeing how many genres of music they could imitate. We had pop, "are we there yet?" Rock-n-Roll, "are we there yet?"gospel "are we there yet?" and even country, "are we there yet?" It was actually very entertaining and the last hour or so sped by with joy.
I wish I could've recorded it.
No comments:
Post a Comment