Monday, May 19, 2008

My Boy turns 12

 
Posted by Picasa


This month my 'little boy' turned 12. We had a gaming party for him. Which consists of lots of boys (young and old) hanging out playing console games, computer games, even handheld games, until all hours of the night. Anything that has a screen, yep, that's what they did.
Of course I can't forget having tons of pizza, chips, cake, ice cream, (all the stuff that young growing boys usually get told not to eat too much of) in abundance and with no nagging.

In a nutshell, my boy was in paradise. He has already determined that we need to celebrate his half-birthday this year so that he can do it again sooner than in a years time. I'm thinking a year in between is perfect:)

Overall I am realizing how time has not slowed down. I mean I realized when my oldest turned 13 that time was passing awfully quickly and I was now the mother of a teenager even though I feel like I just graduated from high school. But after that realization I guess I figured it was over and now I could go on and keep enjoying life. What I didn't realize was that it's going to KEEP on moving at that fast pace and that my other children are going to grow up TOO!

How could I overlook that small fact?

I know my children's birthdays are supposed to be all about them but I can't help but feel they are a lot more about me. The kids are excited and enjoying getting older, whereas I am trying to find the foot brake so I can slow things down a little more. That tends to be a little more frantic and take a lot more energy than just enjoying the ride.

Hmmm, I need to think about that. I'm sure there's a message in there somewhere, if only I could slow things down long enough to find it.

No comments: