As a child I could never understand what bunnies and chicks had to do with Jesus. As an adult I have a very hard time using the name of a Pagan goddess of fertility as the name of our celebration of Jesus' most important work here on earth. (I'm well aware that there are other such inconsistencies peppered into our celebrations but I really take pause with this one) Hence my love of Passover!
Passover chronicles the journey of the Israelites out of Egypt and into the promised land. It reveals the need for deliverance and how God heard the cry of his people and acted on their behalf. It is very child-centered and each symbol on the Seder plate invites the use of all 5-senses to experience.
Here are some photos from our Seder this year (not necessarily in order):
Everyone is ready to begin.
Even the kids are ready!
The candles are burning.
Lost in thought :)
Time for the eating of the Matzah!
Cleansing of the hands. (only symbolically...haha)
Cuties!
No comments:
Post a Comment