Sunday, October 02, 2011

It's all about the Lenses!

My new camera lens arrived yesterday! I am so excited! It is an AF NIKKOR 50/1.8D. My brother in law, Ruslan put it in my Amazon shopping cart for me over a year ago to buy when I had the money. (The last time I had the money I decided to buy clothes instead...ha ha.  Priorities :)

The great thing about this lens is it lets in so much more light! It's a short little thing which gives the light a lot more opportunity to get into the camera. Also my other lens only opened to 3.5 at the most...so 1.8 is a huge difference! (Remember the smaller the Fstop number the BIGGER the opening, it took me a very long time to get that straight!) I am such a pro! Yeah, right.

One thing I realize, I'm sure much later than others, is that if you have good lenses you get great pictures! So the moral of the story: Good lenses = Great photography

This is my old lens.



The is the new lens! Same lighting, same time of day.
                                      

1 comment:

Unknown said...

yay! I love it, it's so fun when we discover something that helps so much!