Isn't grocery shopping the strangest chore? I mean it is one of the most repetitive, never-ending jobs we do. Think about it. First we go to the store and get a cart. (I go to Winco because the prices can't be beat.) We begin to fill the cart with our purchases making our way through a crowded store hoping to finish within a reasonable amount of time. We take the items off the shelves and put them into the cart. Then when we have finally found everything necessary for our lives for the next week or so we unload the items onto the conveyor belt at the check out. They make the short trip from one end of the counter to the other and we proceed to put them into bags and put them back into the cart. (Some people get to watch someone else do this part if you shop at a different store, but it is done all the same.)
After getting our food into the cart we take it out again to put it into our vehicle for the drive home. Once we arrive at home we unload the bags and put them onto our counter or table and begin to take all the items out again and put them into our cupboards.
There, job complete. Or is it? Within minutes you are pulling the food back out of the cupboards and feeding your hungry family with it, where it promptly disappears.
Talk about redundant!!
1 comment:
:> When I first got married I loved grocery shopping, but now it's just another chore. Now I get excited if I get to do it alone!
Post a Comment