Monday, July 31, 2006

Tyler is 12

Tyler trying out his new bike


This felt like a good picture to chronicle Tyler's last year before teenage-hood. I am in shock that I even have a 12-year-old. Aren't I only about 18 or so myself? That's how I feel anyway.

The picture of him trying out his new bike is fitting to me. He is indeed 'trying out' his newfound sense of self and how to relate with the world around him. I see the sometimes awkward moments where he falters between little boy and young man. And then steady moments where he gracefully balances as a mature 'almost teen' and communicates well with an adult or handles what would be a sibling blowout with finesse. Other times he downright takes a nose-dive into a fit of anger where he over-reacts and reminds me of when he was only 3. All of this is his own working out of this new and unchartered territory. I suppose it is much like learning to ride a bike. Yep, he won't ever forget it, that's for sure.

Happy Birthday dear son. I am, as always, blessed and amazed at the gift that God has given to me in you. You are a precious treasure and watching you grow over the years has been a delight to me. Many blessings to you this year as you discover more about who God made you to be!


Posted by Picasa

No comments: