
I have just started doing daycare full-time for the two little boys I mentioned earlier. It has been a long time since I 'worked' a full time job other than the one I already have. It is soooo time consuming. I am soo tired lately. I get up at 6 or 7 and am ready for bed by 9pm. (I am used to staying up until 11 or 12) It seems all that I get done all day is dishes, more dishes, laundry & more laundry. Not to mention wiping little tushies, correcting math problems, and folding all that laundry.
I hope that after a little while I will get used to the change and be 'normal' again.
On the up side I seem to be actually staying 'on top' of things. The school work gets done, I plan out the meals, plan out the day's activities, etc. I can't put things off until later because if I don't do them when I can I won't get to later. I just wish I wasn't so tired.
Now I know what it feels like to have 5 kids! (2 being twins)
I often wonder if God made me a little wimpier than some other people or if I just tend to hear my body yelling at me faster than some. I always feel a change in schedule or diet so quickly and don't like it. Doug says I will get used to it in a couple of months. That seems like a long time to me:) My mom says that when I was born my Grandma said, "She's a delicate one" Maybe I am, but if I can't hack this does that make me less than some people who can? Or just in tune with my limits? Most people are amazed when I tell them I homeschool, like it's some huge job. I am always amazed that people can juggle a fulltime job (outside the home), housework, raising kids and still being able to carry on a conversation. My dear friend and I have discussed that no matter what something has to go...it just depends on what that something is. Is is quality time with our children? Is it housework? Is it less fancy meals? I hope that whatever is 'going' at this juncture in my life I won't miss! Right now I do miss rest. I am thinking so much and planning so much I just can't even sleep when I am exhausted. Lord, please grant me rest!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment