Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Life is Good


I am so thankful to be a stay-at-home mom.


I just feel thankful today that we chose, many years ago, to make whatever sacrifices necessary for me to be able to stay home with our children. My husband has always supported me in that position and even specifically asked me not to take on commitments that will take away from that. Even when those commitments bring in money he feels it is much more worth it for me to be available to him and to our children in the role of wife & mom.



I have doubted his honesty in this and tested him. I have taken on jobs thinking that he will be 'more' happy with me. But when it comes down to it, he really likes me home.



And I love being home!

I really do. I love schooling my children at home. I love puttering around the house. I love the simplicity of home life. Being available to help other mom's out with their children, take trips when I want to and just overall make my own schedule.


I want it for every mom and sometimes get a little zealous about 'converting' all my friends to 'stay-at-home-ness'. I have come to understand that not all women like to stay home and that's okay too.



As for me I thank God whenever I pay the bills, that he has given me a husband who wants this, and that he has given him a job to support us. As America tightens her belt and is leaning out the budgets and narrowing down her list of necessities, I have a sense of peace, knowing that my family has been doing a lot of that all along. I pray for all those who are genuinely struggling and those who do not have jobs right now to find them.

We are a flexible people. A creative people. I have hope that we will all rise to the occasion and pull out of this with flying colors. That we will all use this occasion as an opportunity to slow down, simplify and enjoy life. Life really IS good!


No comments: